.

March 24, 2008

Learn VB.NET Through Game Programming


One of the first articles that I wrote for the About Visual Basic site was about game programming. It's still on the site: Programming The Tic Tac Toe Game.

The reason I selected this was that programming games lets you illustrate the most important principals of programming and have fun at the same time. There's something about games that really gets into the corners of the language and uses all of it.

Matt Tagliaferri, the author of "Learn VB.NET Through Game Programming" told me that this was exactly the idea he had in writing this great book.

You might pass this one up on the bookshelf because you read the title and think, "I need a serious book! Games aren't for me!" or "I've always heard that game programming is an advanced topic about how to handle graphics and I/O.

The actual topics, however, include

* What the .NET Framework really is
* What a 'class' is and what the 'methods' and 'properties' of a class are
* What the automatically generated code in the .NET Region is
* How to add your own methods and properties to a class

... and, also how to code a program to display a die being rolled - a key part of a lot of games...

Link

http://rapidshare.com/files/102144408/Apress_20-_20Learn_20VB.Net_20Through_20Game_20Programming.chm


Password : http://multimediaebook.blogspot.com/

No comments: